Monday, June 1, 2009

Three Unrelated Thoughts/Stories

** Yesterday I was driving to a graduation party, and I ran over a chipmunk. I came to this conclusion as follows:
  • I saw the chipmunk wander into the road as I was approaching it.
  • I heard and felt a thump-thump as I drove by the chipmunk at 60 miles per hour (it was a country road in the middle of nowhere).
  • I looked back via the rear view mirror and the chipmunk was not moving.
My apologies to said chipmunk.

** When I go home from school and sleep in my bed at home, I find that my feet dangle over the edge of the bed. The beds at the dorms at school are extra-long twin size, so my feet don't dangle over the edge on those. However, before going to college, I never felt that my feet dangle over the edge of my bed at home.

** Last night, I was kind of lying around in bed for 2 hours not able to fall asleep (partly because of my dangling feet I think). As a result, I started to reflect on my life story, partly because seeing friends from high school kind of reminds me of past years of my life. Now, I like to think that I have a pretty good memory (especially for things like numbers), so I remember quite a lot about my life story. Now, I am not familiar with many other peoples' life stories, but after a while of reflecting, I came to the conclusion that my life story is pretty fucked up. And to that, I laugh. What else can I do?

1 comment:

usumbs said...

1. Remember, a chipmunk is just a baby squirrel.

2. Luckily (or not), I do not have that problem. Plus, I do not even have my own bed.

3. "Fucked up" can be a reverse euphemism for "interesting."